Effective Date: June, 2021
We provide important information for our California residents further down this policy.
Personal Information We Collect
Sources. We collect personal information from the following sources:
- Directly from individuals, such as Site visitors;
- Other users, such as through purchase of a gift certificate;
- Third-party platforms through which you may purchase our products, such as Amazon;
- Third-party platforms and social media networks, such as Facebook, if you choose to login to the Services via such third-party platform or social media network;
- Business partners; and
- Data providers
We collect the following types of personal information:
Contact information, such as name, address, email address, and phone number.
Account data, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us.
Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Transaction details and history, details of products or services you have purchased from us, such as shipping address and details of your subscriptions.
Correspondence, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions or otherwise correspond with us online.
Feedback that you leave on our Site, including comments on our blog and product reviews, which may include photographs.
Device data, such as information about your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, device identifier, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as information about your use of and actions on the Site, including the pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and length of access. When we send you an email, we use technology to determine your response to the email, such as whether you opened our email, how long you had it open, and the links on which you clicked within the email.
We, our service providers, our business partners and advertising partners may collect this type of information over time and across third-party websites.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Operations. We use personal information to operate our Site and provide our Service, including to:
- Provide and improve the Site and our Service;
- Manage and fulfill the orders you have placed with us through our Site or a third-party site such as Amazon (including gift certificates);
- Establish and maintain your account on the Site;
- Enable security features of the Site, such as by remembering devices from which you have previously logged in;
- Communicate with you about the Site or your orders, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about promotions in which you may participate;
- Understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Site and our communications with you; and
- Respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We analyze users of the Site to analyze and improve the Site and our Service, and to develop new products and services, including by studying user demographics and use of the Site.
Marketing. We may send you newsletters and other marketing communications.
To comply with law. We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to prepare tax documents, and respond to subpoenas, or requests from government authorities.
With your consent. In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data. We may create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data and share it with third-parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Site, analyze user demographics and use of the Site, and promote our business.
How We Share Your Personal Information
Service providers. We may share your personal information with third-party companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Site (such as payment gateway providers, email delivery, customer support, and hosting).These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Advertising partners. We may enable advertising partners to automatically collect information directly from our Site for targeted marketing purposes.
Business partners. We may share your information with our business partners, who may to contact you about other products and services you may be interested in. .
Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Business transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a business transaction (or potential business transaction) such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. In certain situations, Access Brands may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our site. We may share your personal information for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes described above.
Access, update, delete your information. Upon request Access Brands will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our Service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate your account by making the change on our member information page or by emailing Customer Support at email@example.com. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days. Please note that even if you delete or deactivate your account, we may retain your information as necessary to provide you with the Services (for example, to complete any outstanding orders or to process any returns), to comply with legal requirements, to facilitate product recalls, or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Reviews and comments. If you would like to request to have a product review or blog comment you posted on the Site removed from our Site, you may do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may retain a de-identified product rating if we remove the text of the review.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of such email, or by contacting us at email@example.com.You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Cookies and browser web storage. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Sites may not work properly. Similarly, your browser settings may allow you to clear your browser web storage.
Targeted online advertising. Some of the business partners that collect information about users’ activities on or through the Site may be members of organizations or programs that provide choices to individuals regarding the use of their browsing behavior or mobile application usage for purposes of targeted advertising. Site users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here. Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked above. If you choose to opt- out of targeted advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may not be relevant to you.
Third-party platforms or social media networks. If you choose to connect to the Services via a third-party platform or social media network, such as by using Facebook login, you may have the ability to limit the information that we may obtain from the third party at the time you login to the Services using the third-party’s authentication service or otherwise connect your account. Subsequently, you may be able to control your settings through the third-party’s platform or service. For example, you may access and change your settings through the Facebook settings page for Apps and Websites. If you withdraw our ability to access certain information from a third-party platform or social media network, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third party.
Do Not Track. Some internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Other Sites and Services
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we maintain against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, use, loss, or destruction. However, we cannot guarantee that the safeguards we maintain will ensure the security of the personal information.
User Generated Content
We may make available on our Site, or link to, features that allow you to generate your own content or share information online (e.g., on our blog or product pages). Please do not include personal information in the content you generate or share personal information online in public forums, because any such information can be collected and used by others. We have no control over, and take no responsibility for, the use, storage, dissemination or erasure of personal information included in user-generated content or shared on the Site. By posting personal information online in public forums, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties.
The Site is not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from, anyone under the age of 16.If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under the age of 16, we will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable. We encourage parents with concerns to contact us.
International Data Transfers
We are headquartered in the United States and have service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, or country where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail at:
Access Brands, LLC
1516 Motor Pkwy,
Islandia, NY 11749
Notice to California Residents
We are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) to provide to California residents an explanation of how we collect, use and share their personal information, and of the rights and choices we offer California residents regarding our handling of the personal information. This notice does not apply to information related to our business contacts.
Please note that the CCPA requires us to list “sales” of information, but the CCPA defines “sale” very broadly to include most sharing of personal information where the recipient may use the information for its own purposes, even when we do not get paid for the information. As a result, any time we may participate in a joint marketing campaign which may involve the sharing of information, the CCPA requires us to designate that activity as a “sale” of information.
Privacy Rights. Except as excluded above, the CCPA grants California residents the following rights:
- Access. You can request a copy of the personal information that we maintain about you.
- Deletion. You can ask us to delete the personal information that we collected about you.
Opt-out of sale of your personal information. If we “sell” your personal information, you can direct us to stop “selling” your information.
Please note that the CCPA limits these rights by, for example, prohibiting us from providing certain sensitive information in response to an access request and limiting the circumstances in which we must comply with a deletion request. If we deny your request, we will communicate our decision to you.
You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination.
How to Submit a Request. To request access to or deletion of personal information:
Identity verification. The CCPA requires us to verify the identity of the individual submitting a request to access or delete personal information before providing a substantive response to the request. We may attempt to verify your identify by asking you to confirm information that we have on file about you or your interactions with us. Where we ask for additional personal information to verify your identity, we will only use it to verify your identity or your authority to make the request on behalf of another consumer.
Authorized agents. California residents can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on their behalf. We will require the authorized agent to have a written authorization confirming that authority.
California Residents – Do Not Sell My Personal Information
We may share personal information with third party business partners for those third parties’ own purposes. For example, we may share this information through joint marketing campaigns and other sponsored activities. To opt out of the sharing of your personal information with marketing affiliates, contact us at email@example.com. Please note that your opt-out does not apply to any information we provided to our marketing affiliates prior to your opting out.
In addition, like many companies online, we may use services provided by Google and other companies that use tracking technology. These services rely on tracking technologies – such as cookies and web beacons – to collect directly from your device information about your browsing activities, your interactions with websites, and the device you are using to connect to the Internet. There are a number of ways to opt out of having your online activity and device data collected through these services, which we have summarized below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers.You can block our Site from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third-party cookies/trackers. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Platform opt-outs. The following advertising partners offer certain opt-out features that let you opt-out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Google: adssettings.google.com
- Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/1415228085373580
- Advertising industry opt-out tools. You can also use these opt-out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
- Digital Advertising Alliance: optout.aboutads.info
- Digital Advertising Alliance for Mobile Apps: www.youradchoices.com/appchoices
- Network Advertising Initiative: optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1
Note that because these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt-out on every browser and device that you use.